Poem For My Bride Sister



A sister was born when I was four years old  
An independent girl, oh she's smart and bold

She followed me around, I considered annoying 
Years later I found, it was me she was admiring

Funny how we figure out, she became my soul mate
God had designed us as sisters; it is out fate

To have someone that always supporting and care 
A soul who accepts and gives the best of prayer

Who listens when you don't have the voice
Who will find you doors when they say you don't have a choice

Who reads your face; you don't even have to write 
Who will light the room up in a dark stormy night 

When Daddy passed away, I felt responsible 
But my baby sister is no longer so little 

Today I see you here standing so beautiful; such a doll 
In a white wedding gown so purely as your soul 

Wearing the smile the man beside you have given
Your life will start anew; a book to be written

A love that will keep you alive and safe, even without me
But far apart we may, sisters we'll always be


This poem was my wedding gift for my sister Clemency and her wedded husband, Maruli Panggabean. I read the poem on the stage at the reception, as well at "The Ballroom", Sampoerna Strategic Square, Jakarta. June 20th, 2015.

Popular posts from this blog

Imbroglio

Selesaikan Sudah

Dia Yang Ada